There are several sorts of life insurance policies on the market; these products give financial protection as well as other advantages.
A policyholder purchases life insurance to safeguard his family in his absence. It is the financial protection offered in the case of the policyholder’s death.
Life Insurance Product Categories
- Term Life Insurance – It is the most basic and straightforward kind of life insurance, providing coverage until the policy’s expiration date. The nominee gets the death benefit if the insured dies during the tenure. These policies provide comprehensive coverage at a reasonable cost, but there are no maturity benefits.
- Whole life insurance coverage – These policies give coverage until the policyholder’s death, or complete life coverage with maturity benefits. Unit-linked insurance plans (ULIPs) combine insurance and investing into a single plan. A portion of the premium is used for insurance, while the remainder is invested in market-linked mutual funds. These programmes also offer tax advantages.
- Plans for endowment –An endowment plan is a kind of life insurance that includes a maturity benefit. If you want insurance with a savings component, this is the plan for you.
Goal-based life insurance policies, such as child insurance, retirement, and money-back plans, are available in addition to these categories.
8 Ways Life Insurance Can Help
- Death Insurance –It is the main goal of a life insurance policy. After the policyholder’s death, the death benefit offers financial stability for the family.
- Savings Plan –You may invest for your future aspirations while also getting insurance if you buy an endowment plan or another kind of life insurance with a maturity benefit. Such strategies assist to establish a corpus throughout time that may be used to accomplish future objectives.
- Option for Investing –Certain life insurance policies, such as ULIPs, also serve as investment vehicles, investing a portion of your premium in market-linked mutual funds depending on your risk tolerance. It allows you to choose from a variety of funds, including equity and debt funds.
- Life Stage Planning –Life insurance may assist you in planning and saving for future life events such as childbirth, schooling, marriage, and retirement. When the insurance matures, the policyholder gets the whole premium paid, plus interest and incentives.
- Emergency Fund –Life insurance is useful in case of an emergency. A policyholder may readily get a low-interest loan against a current policy. It is readily repayable in instalments. Plans such as money back policies and full life insurance build up a cash value that may be borrowed in an emergency.
- Income advantage –Life insurance also provides a monthly income for the relatives of the dead insured. In this manner, it provides a guaranteed long-term income for the family or spouse.
- Coverage for Critical Illness –Critical illness coverage is a rider on life insurance that pays medical expenditures if the policyholder is diagnosed with a critical illness.
- Tax advantages –Section 80 C of the Income Tax Act provides a tax break on life insurance premiums paid by policyholders. The amount insured received at maturity is also tax-free if it is at least ten times the premium paid.
As we have explored many of the advantages of a life insurance policy, it is essential to examine key considerations before selecting one. The most important component is the sum guaranteed, which you get at maturity or as a death claim; before determining on the coverage amount, consider your future costs, responsibilities, and cost of living. Other considerations include the insurance duration, supplementary benefits, flexibility, claim settlement, and the premium you will pay throughout the course of the coverage. In today’s world, life insurance coverage are a must. It not only reduces risk but also helps in the management of major life events.